Real Estate News
--> New York News
Here are the 10 hottest Austin real estate headlines of 2017
Editor's note: As 2017 comes to a close, we take a look back at the 10 biggest real estate stories of the year ... In early 2017, the New York Times quoted Eric Trump, the middle son of President Donald Trump, as saying the Trump Organization hopes ...
Editor's note: As 2017 comes to a close, we take a look back at the 10 biggest real estate stories of the year, from lavish homes hitting the market to Austin's ever-growing affordability crisis.
1. This is the salary you need to buy a house in Austin right now. Mortgage resource HSH.com crunched the numbers to find the yearly salary needed to afford the principal, interest, taxes, and insurance payments on a median-priced home in Austin, and it's one of the highest in the nation.
2. Trump family sets sights on Austin for brand-new hotel chain. Is a Trump hotel in the cards for Austin? In early 2017, the New York Times quoted Eric Trump, the middle son of President Donald Trump, as saying the Trump Organization hopes to build Scion hotels, a lower-price alternative to the upscale Trump International Hotel chain, in “trendy” cities like Austin; Charlotte, North Carolina; and Nashville.
3Austin drops dramatically on list of America's best real estate marketsThe Capital City took a dramatic dive from the No5 spot in 2016 all the way down to No68 on WalletHub's 2017 list.
4. 3 popular Austin neighborhoods that still boast a good bang for your buckThese areas have seen a large amount of growth over the last few years, making a real estate investment a wise decision, but they aren’t quite as expensive as the traditional Austin hot spots, giving you greater bang for your buck.
5. Austin restaurant mogul's magnificent villa hits the market for $12 millionIn August, restaurant mogul Damian Mandola and his wife, Trina, put their stunning 323-acre Hill Country estate, Villa Antichità, on the market for $12 million.
6. This is how much money millennials need to save to buy a home in AustinAs part of an annual survey, Apartment List asked local millennials about their plans for homeownershipTurns out many want to buy, but have a long road ahead — and a lot of money left to save.
7. These are the best Austin neighborhoods for first-time homebuyers. The quest to find the perfect piece of real estate can be daunting for first-time Austin homebuyersTo help quell any anxiety you may have about purchasing your first home, we got the inside scoop from local real estate experts on which neighborhoods are ideal for newbies.
8Austin's hottest neighborhood for 2017 will surprise youIn January 2017, Zillow released its predictions for which local neighborhoods were on track to see the highest growth this year, and the winners were unexpected.
9. This sprawling Austin estate is the most expensive home for sale in TexasIn March 2017, this Lago Vista compound was the most expensive home for sale in Texas.
10The news gets worse and worse for single homebuyers in AustinA study looked at home prices and rents across the 50 largest cities in the U.Sand compared them to the average incomes of both genders in each city, and the news in Austin was especially badWhy? Because neither men nor women could afford to buy a home here.
ADVERTISEMENTKuper Sotherby's International Realty - Get Details
var jwp_ui_action = false;
var jwp_debug = false;
var jwp_impression = false;
Trending New York News:
Jim Cramer: The Bear Story Doesn't Add Up
Real Estate Lessons from Warren Buffett's Annual Letter
The Crisis Of Affordability In Real Estate
Xinyuan Real Estate: Growing Without Increasing Debt
HUNT Real Estate ERA Procures Sale of Historic Larkland Home
Photos: The Lavish Real Estate Of Liberace
Top Global Real Estate Meccas
New York Secures the Most Affordable Housing Units in 27 Years
Women in STEM get prime real estate on Grand Central's ceiling for an inspiring reason
Building New York: Biggest Real Estate News in 2011
Schorsch: ‘Boring’ Predictability Equals Success
He sold his first idea to Google. His second to Twitter. Now Ori Allon has a third.
Mayor Touts Marlborough To New York CRE Investors
Big Money, and Varying Messages, in Real Estate's Council Campaign
Extell’s International Gem Tower Tops Out
New York landlords face mounting pressure to lower rents
Why NY is so corrupt
Luxury real estate blues hit Manhattan
Chinese billionaire real estate mogul: Now’s the time to be patient
Real Estate Executive Massey Ends Campaign for New York Mayor