Real Estate News
--> New York News
Here are the 10 hottest Austin real estate headlines of 2017
Editor's note: As 2017 comes to a close, we take a look back at the 10 biggest real estate stories of the year ... In early 2017, the New York Times quoted Eric Trump, the middle son of President Donald Trump, as saying the Trump Organization hopes ...
Editor's note: As 2017 comes to a close, we take a look back at the 10 biggest real estate stories of the year, from lavish homes hitting the market to Austin's ever-growing affordability crisis.
1. This is the salary you need to buy a house in Austin right now. Mortgage resource HSH.com crunched the numbers to find the yearly salary needed to afford the principal, interest, taxes, and insurance payments on a median-priced home in Austin, and it's one of the highest in the nation.
2. Trump family sets sights on Austin for brand-new hotel chain. Is a Trump hotel in the cards for Austin? In early 2017, the New York Times quoted Eric Trump, the middle son of President Donald Trump, as saying the Trump Organization hopes to build Scion hotels, a lower-price alternative to the upscale Trump International Hotel chain, in “trendy” cities like Austin; Charlotte, North Carolina; and Nashville.
3Austin drops dramatically on list of America's best real estate marketsThe Capital City took a dramatic dive from the No5 spot in 2016 all the way down to No68 on WalletHub's 2017 list.
4. 3 popular Austin neighborhoods that still boast a good bang for your buckThese areas have seen a large amount of growth over the last few years, making a real estate investment a wise decision, but they aren’t quite as expensive as the traditional Austin hot spots, giving you greater bang for your buck.
5. Austin restaurant mogul's magnificent villa hits the market for $12 millionIn August, restaurant mogul Damian Mandola and his wife, Trina, put their stunning 323-acre Hill Country estate, Villa Antichità, on the market for $12 million.
6. This is how much money millennials need to save to buy a home in AustinAs part of an annual survey, Apartment List asked local millennials about their plans for homeownershipTurns out many want to buy, but have a long road ahead — and a lot of money left to save.
7. These are the best Austin neighborhoods for first-time homebuyers. The quest to find the perfect piece of real estate can be daunting for first-time Austin homebuyersTo help quell any anxiety you may have about purchasing your first home, we got the inside scoop from local real estate experts on which neighborhoods are ideal for newbies.
8Austin's hottest neighborhood for 2017 will surprise youIn January 2017, Zillow released its predictions for which local neighborhoods were on track to see the highest growth this year, and the winners were unexpected.
9. This sprawling Austin estate is the most expensive home for sale in TexasIn March 2017, this Lago Vista compound was the most expensive home for sale in Texas.
10The news gets worse and worse for single homebuyers in AustinA study looked at home prices and rents across the 50 largest cities in the U.Sand compared them to the average incomes of both genders in each city, and the news in Austin was especially badWhy? Because neither men nor women could afford to buy a home here.
ADVERTISEMENTKuper Sotherby's International Realty - Get Details
var jwp_ui_action = false;
var jwp_debug = false;
var jwp_impression = false;
Trending New York News:
Evergreen Insurance in New York Acquires Sheridan’s Assets
Rendering Reveals: ShoP's UES 'Affordable Luxury' Building Will Look Like This
SAFE HAVEN? Europe's Investment Woes May Push More Offshore Capital To U.S.Shores
America's Richest Real Estate Family Doesn't Want You To Know Who They Are
Hollywood Moves East: Tax Incentives, Growing Tech Talent Pool, Beckoning Film Industry
Former Trump students tell all
Top 10 Growth Markets
Crowdfunding's Latest Invasion: Real Estate
Drain The Hudson River For Real Estate? See How Lebbeus Woods Redefined Architecture In This New York Exhibit
Strip-mall vacancy falls first time in 7 years
Two Harbors Investment Corp. to Present At the JMP Securities Financial Services and Real Estate Conference
The Midtown East real estate migration continues
Real Estate Forum and GlobeSt Honor Five Separate Stroock Transactions Nationally for Best Deals of 2016
Los Angeles is the New Magnet for Real Estate Investment | By Jim Butler
Luxury Real Estate Sales in Manhattan Down in 2016: Report
Global real estate fund sector facing widespread 'disruption' as demand, funding and administration all evolve
Morning Briefing: New York street is world’s priciest for retail real estate
New York Luxury Towers Draw Renters to the Outer Boroughs
Jared Kushner’s real estate company received $285 million Deutsche Bank loan right before Election Day
The fever in New York’s luxury property market is cooling