Here's my situation, bought a rehab home and had a home inspection. Inspector found some wiring issues and several other small things. The seller had the wiring "fixed". I found out later that the person who fixed the wiring has only a class B license and should not have been working alone. The home was reinspected and I was told at that time (by my agent) that my inspector really didn't have a lot of experience with wiring (that wasn't his "forte") but that he knew the work was completed.
Ok...now 3 months later I have a wiring problem that blew out all the electronics in my furnace. Cost me $1000 to fix. Any recourse here or am I on my own? I live in RI. Thanks for any advice.
After the home inspector made his original inspection he should not have any further involvement. The home inspector is not a licensed electrician and would not have any authority to determine if the problem was corrected properly.The liability should go to the person that was paid to correct the wiring problem.